Downham Nutrition Partnership
Looking Good, Feeling Fine!
Downham Nutrition Partnership - What We Stand For
Downham Nutrition Partnership (DNP) is a registered charity (Number 1100040), based in Downham (London Borough of Lewisham) just outside Bromley.
DNP was formed in 1999 by Dr Tattersfield (Oakview Family Practice, Shroffold Road) to try and reduce some of the barriers to healthy eating which people on the estate face.
What we eat certainly effects our health; both physically and mentally. Eating the wrong diet increases our chances of long term diseases and illness, and we know that what we feed our children changes their behaviour. Food has the same effect on adults too!
Examples of projects which we have been involved in include:
· Talks on Healthy Eating to a wide variety of local groups
· Healthy Eating workshops for Childminders
· Duckling Adventures ~ aimed at getting young children and their families to actively explore outdoors
· Community Gardening with schools and individual gardeners
· Health Events locally at Goldsmiths Community Centre and Downham Health and Leisure Centre
· Supporting Cook and Eat Sessions and Fruit and Vegetable Co-ops and other initiatives which make it easier to eat healthily